|Full Name||Rashid Khan Arman|
|Known For||“He is keeping the record best bowling performance by an Afgan Cricketer in T20s, and One Day International.”|
|Date Of Birth||20 September 1998||Age||19|
|Nickname||Afghanistan’s Afridi||Hometown||Nangarhar, Afghanistan|
|Height||170 cm / 5′ 7″||Weight||64 kg / 141 lb|
|Batting Style||Right-handed Bat||Bowling Style||Right-arm Leg Break|
Rashid Khan Family and Education
|Family||He is one of the seven brothers and four sisters in his family|
|Father||Rashid Khan father passed away on 30th Dec. 2018 on sunday. He informed with a tweet expressing his sad feelings by uploading this picture having a video call with him|
Highlights From Rashid Khan’s Career
- Born in Nangarhar, eastern Afghanistan in 1998, Rashid Khan always followed Pakistan Cricketer Shahid Afridi and tried to bowl like his idol bowls.
- If we talk about the debuts, then Rashid Khan didn’t need any U19 tournament to make it through the Afghanistan Cricket Team. His ODI (One Day International) and Twenty20 International debut were made against Zimbabwe in October 2015.
- While Rashid Khan’s first-class cricket debut was memorable. he took 4 for 48, and 8 for 74, by delivering amazing performance from the bat, (25*, 52)
- Undoubtedly he is growing as Afganistan’s best player of all time. And it got proved when, on Feb. 2017, Rashid Khan was contracted by Sunrisers Hyderabad (a franchise of Indian Premier League (IPL) for four crores.
- He was an only second player after Mohammad Nabi from Afghanistan who is playing in the Indian Premier League. And the youngest player in the league. It was quit surprising for everyone, but Rashid Khan real age was 18 years at the time of his debut in IPL.
- He took two wickets which helped Sunrisers Hyderabad to win the match by 35 runs on his debut.
- Rashid Khan IPL session 2017 finished with 17 wickets in his account in just 14 matches, which was the sixth best performance of the tournament.
- Obviously, IPL performance boosted his speed, he was going to the peak of his career at the age of just 17. So he later bought by Guyana Amazon Warriors for $60,000 in the 2017 Caribbean Premier League (CPL) where also, many records were made and broken by Rashid Khan Afghan cricketer including the first ever hat-trick of the CPL.
- Well, his little career is full of achievements which are enough to make it bigger and bigger, whether it would be his first five-wicket haul against Ireland, where Rashid Khan gave only three runs and made his performance count as the fourth best bowling performance in Men’s Cricket and the best by any Afghanistan cricketer.
- Also, his ODI five wickets performance against West Indies (7 wickets for just 18 runs) which was also the fourth best ODI bowling figures, made his place in the ICC ODI team of the year 2017.
- The Associate Cricketer Of The Year 2017 award added more colours in Rashid Khan Biography.
- In IPL 2018, Rashid Khan is retained through RTM by Sunrisers Hyderabad for season 11 of the league. He is offered 9 crores (90 million Indian rupees) in the league
- Later, in the world cup qualifiers for 2019 Cricket World Cup, Rashid Khan became the fastest bowler to pick up 100 wickets in One Day International. He took only 44 matches to achieve this milestone. And this bowling performance from Rashid Khan Cricketer, not only helped Afghanistan Cricket Team to qualify for the CWC 2019 but also they claimed the Qualifier Title was beating West Indies Cricket Team by seven wickets.
- Mark our words, Rashid Khan Arman will be one of the best bowlers in the history of Cricket in upcoming days. And we all here to witness the amazing performance by this champ.
Achievements and Awards
- The First ever Hat-trick of Caribbean Premier League (CPL), is registered in the name, “Rashid Khan”
- Associate Cricketer Of The Year 2017.
- Fastest Bowler to reach 100 ODI Wickets. (In just 44 matches.)