|Full Name||Nicholas Pooran|
|Known For||"U-19 world cup hero of West Indies, youngest player in CPL 2013, Nicholas Pooran is the combination of clean, calm balanced player and uninhibited aggressive one. Scroll down to read more|
|Born||2 October 1995||Age||23|
|Nationality||Trinididian||Hometown||Couva, Trinidad and Tobago|
|Height||173 cm / 5'8"||Weight||75 kg / 165 lb|
|Batting Style||Left Handed Bat||Jersey No.||8 (West Indies)|
|Jersey No.||14, 29, 39 (Domestic)||Hobbies||Travelling, Swimming, Music|
|Scroll down to see Nicholas Pooran Wife Pictures|
Nicholas Pooran Family and Education
|Educational Qualification||Graduate from Naparima College, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago|
|Father||Nicholas Pooran Father|
|Mother||Nicholas Pooran Mother|
|Wife||Nicholas Pooran Wife - Alyssa Miguel|
|Sister||Nicholas Pooran Sister|
Highlights From Nicholas Pooran's Career
- Nicholas Pooran participated in school cricket, and represented Trinidad and Tobago at various teenage level and school level tournaments.
- At the age of just 16, Pooran made his under-19 national debut in the regional tournament in 2012.
- Nicholas Pooran got the chance to play at international levels, representing his country in the U-19 bilateral series against Bangladesh in October 2013
- His great performance, and playing quality earned himself a place in the West Indies U-19 World Cup Squad in 2014.
- He was handed over the responsibility of the team's vice-captain and wicket-keeper, and folks, he did not disappoint the selectors. He scored overall 303 runs in just six matches, ranked fourth in the stats for the most runs in the tournament, and topped the West Indies batting order.
- These 303 runs include two fifty+ scores i.e. half-centuries against India and Canada, and one of the best innings, memorable knock of 143 runs which was played under pressure when his team's total was just 208-all out against Australia.
- This score was not only the highest score of world cup 2014, but also it was awarded as the most memorable innings under pressure in the tournament's history.
- Nicholas Pooran score of 143 runs was the highest score in U-19 ODI history made against Australia. And his partnership for the ninth wicket with Jerome Jones of 136-runs was the highest ninth-wicket partnership in the history of Under-19 cricket.
- After being not good in the 2013 CPL season, where he was the youngest player in the league, and scored 55 runs in his debut match playing from Red Steel against Guyana Amazon Warriors. But unfortunately, in the rest of the matches, his form was not quite impressive.
- In 2014 CPL season, Nicholas Pooran again played for the Red Steel, but failed to make any 50+ scores. Later, he made his first-class debut against the Leeward Islands in November 2014, playing for Trinidad and Tobago in the Regional Four Day Competition during the 2014–15 season.
- He scored 55 runs in the second innings and topped the scoreboard for his side in his second match only against Jamaica, and hunted by Nikita Miller who took seven wickets in that inning.
- Pooran plays for Clarke Road at club level in the Trinidadian leagues.
- Nicholas Pooran was involved in a road accident in January 2015. It happened in St. Mary's, Trinidad where he sustained knee and ankle injuries.
- This injury and doctor's advice made him ruled out from the domestic season of Trinidad and Tobago, along with CPL season of 2015.
- Returning from the injury, Nicholas Pooran Biography achieved a milestone by making international debut in T20 internationals against Pakistan on 23 September 2016, while his first international half-century was scored against India on the West Indies tour to the home side. He scored 53 runs in just 25 balls and remained not out.
- For Indian Premier League 2017, Mumbai Indians bought Nicholas Pooran for the debut IPL but this 30 lakh INR player didn't get a chance in the single match.
- Later, Pooran played in 2017 Pakistan Super League from Islamabad United on the replacement of England's Ben Duckett. He played his debut match against Karachi Kings in the playoffs.
- For the 2018-19 season of Bangladesh Premier League, Nicholas Pooran was selected in the franchise Sylhet Sixers. Because of choosing in playing in the BPL, when West Indies domestic season was also starting, Pooran got banned from the national squad for ten months. However, he scored the most runs (11 matches - 379 runs) rather than any player in the tournament.
- For Indian Premier League 2019, Kings XI Punjab invested huge amount on Nicholas Pooran. He was bought in 4.2 Crores in the auction.
- After a ten months ban, He was called back into the national side, against England in One Day International squad of West Indies.
- Continuous performance with the bat and some match-winning knocks and contributions earned him a place in the West Indies Squad for ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. And he is really performing well. Check out the stats column when you click on the above link.
Achievements and Awards
- 303 runs in just 6 matches in U-19 World Cup 2014. Highest - 143 against Australia (WI - 208 - all out)
- 143 runs was the highest score in U-19 ODI history made against Australia
- 136-runs was the highest ninth-wicket partnership in the history of Under-19 cricket in the same match.
- Top scorer of 2018-19 season of Bangladesh Premier League. (379 runs in 11 matches)