|Full Name||Axar Rajeshbhai Patel|
|Role||Bowling All Rounder|
|Known For||“He was the part of Indian 15-man squad for 2015 Cricket World Cup held in Australia and New Zealand”|
|Born||20 January 1994||Age||23|
|Height||182 cm / 6′||Weight||60 kg / 132 lb|
|Batting Style||Left Handed Bat||Bowling Style||Left-arm orthodox|
Axar Patel Family and Education
|High School||–||College||Dharmsingh Desai University|
|Educational Qualification||Pursuing Engineering|
Highlights From Axar Patel’s Career
- Left-arm spinner from Gujarat, Axar Patel can be called as Akshar Patel, made his debut by playing in Vijay Hazare Trophy for his state, again Maharashtra in Feb. 2012.
- Only In 2012, he played his first match in Ranji Trophy again Madhya Pradesh, which was the only game, Gujarat tried this man in the whole session.
- Later, in Indian Premier League session 6, Axar Patel was bought by Mumbai Indians, where also he didn’t even get a single match to play.
- As time ran, Patel started to play again at the domestic level, where Gujarat gave him lots of matches to show what he got. He was appeared in total seven matches in Ranji Trophy 2013-14, where he not only scored runs but also took 29 wickets and became the third highest wicket-taker of Gujarat.
- Obviously he got the eyes of IPL franchise Kings XI Punjab, and they contracted him which has resulted in a master-stroke for Punjab. He took a total of 17 wickets which were the top performances in the IPL session 2014 without them Axar Patel Biography is incomplete.
- This great performance in Indian Premier League, helped Axar Patel to book a place in the Indian squad for Bangladesh tour, and we don’t think there will be any great time apart from wearing the jersey and representing your own country at the International level.
- A chance matters lots if you will make it count. Same was done by Axar Patel. He kept the good bowling performance in the ODI different ODI series and even kept Ravindra Jadeja out of Indian squad for few games.
- Hard word paid to Axar Patel, as his name in the Indian fifteen men squad list for 2015 ICC World Cup. But unfortunately, he didn’t get a chance to play in such a big tournament.
- But he didn’t stop to force the selectors to include him in India Cricket Team for various tours of one-day international matches, and in between those great performances, Axar Patel made his Twenty20 international debut against Zimbabwe in July 2015.
- If we talk about the highest ICC ranking Axar Patel achieved, is 13 (in ODI)
- Well, nowadays, this young champ has registered his place in India Squad for any ODI tours because of his impressive performances and bowling figures.
- And you will be surprised to know that Axar Patel is the only player who was retained by Kings XI Punjab, for Indian Premier League season 11.
Achievements and Awards
- BCCI Under-19 cricketer of the Year 2014
- Emerging Player of the Tournament in IPL 7
- First hat-trick of 2016 IPL session (Includes four wickets in just five balls.)