|Full Name||Anup Kumar|
|Discipline||Kabaddi (Men’s Division)|
|Known For||“He was the captain of Indian National Kabaddi team who guided them to theirrecord third Kabaddi World Cup in 2016”|
|Date Of Birth||20 November 1983||Age||33|
|Nickname||Captain Cool : Bonus ka badshah||Hometown||Palra, Haryana, India|
|Height||181 cm / 5′ 11″||Weight||80 kg / 176 lb|
|Ethnicity||Indian||Relationship Status||Married with Aparna|
Anup Kumar Family and Education
|Father||Ransingh Yadav||Mother||Ballo Devi|
Highlights From Anup Kumar’s Career
- Kabaddi was only a pass-time for a boy from Palra, a village in Gurgaon, and it changed to nothing when his father passed away when Anup Kumar was young in age.
- Responsibility pushed him down, he left his dreams and decided to get a job, so selected as a constable in CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force, India.)
- But destiny had some different plans, which took him to the Indian Sports Camp in 2005, where our super champ awarded to represented for the first time at the 2006 South Asian Games in Sri Lanka.
- In 2010 Asian Games, Anup Kumar was the member of Indian National Kabaddi Team, who finished with the Gold.
- Later in 2014 Asian Games, Anup Kumar was one of the best performers of the tournament who help his team to claim the Gold.
- Then a league introduced to the world which gave another life to the game of Kabaddi, and the real fame, and earning to those hard working kabaddi players, Pro Kabaddi League. These players before, never even interviewed or highlighted by any media yet.
- It was the 2014 session (first) of PKL when Captain and star player of the Indian Kabaddi Team offered to lead U Mumba, where he scored 155 raid points in 16 matches being one of the most successful raiders of the session, and helped his team to book a spot in the final, where the results went in the favour of Jaipur Pink Panthers.
- Later in session 2, another magnificent performance, and 74 raid points in 2015, Anup Kumar succeed to make U Mumba won their maiden Pro Kabaddi Title.
- Yet again, in session three of the league, Anup Kumar’s coolness and eye-pleasing performance helped U Mumba to reach into the final, but this time, PKL found their new champion as they lost the title by the margin of just two points.
- In session four and five of PKL, Anup Kumar was retained by U Mumba franchise where he became an only second player to complete 400 raid points after Rahul Chaudhari.
- In 2017, at the end of season five, He completed the total of 546 points in the PKL.
- But no league or title can compete with the passion and dedication of winning the world cup and representing your country at the international level. It was the biggest event and achievement of Anup Kumar, kabaddi player profile when he captained Indian Men’s Kabaddi Team and guided them to their record third Kabaddi World Cup Title in 2016.
- Kabaddi Legend, Anup Kumar has announced his retirement from the Kabaddi during PKL season 2018-19
Achievements and Awards
- Asian Games Guangzhou 2010 – Gold Medal
- Arjuna Award for Kabaddi – 2012
- Pro Kabaddi League 2014 – Most Valuable Player
- Asian Games Incheon 2014 – Gold Medal
- Pro Kabaddi League Title – 2015
- South Asian Games 2016 – Gold Medal
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016 – Winner