|Full Name||Ajay Thakur|
|Known For||"Ajay Thakur, captain of Indian Kabaddi Team, a must watch raider with 14 years of experience and the Man of the tournament in Kabaddi World Cup 2016."|
Ajay Thakur Bio Data
|Born||1 May 1986||Age||33|
|Nickname||-||Hometown||Dabhota, Nalagarh, Himachal Pradesh|
|Height||185 cm / 6' 1"||Weight||76 kg / 168 lb|
|Current Team||Tamil Thalaivas||Signature Move||Frog Jump|
|Jersey No.||07||Hobbies||Travelling,, Music|
|Ethnicity||Indian||Relationship Status||Married (Scroll down for Ajay Thakur Wife photo)|
Ajay Thakur Family and Education
|High School||Sant Isher Singh Public School, Mohali, Punjab|
|College||Government Post Graduate College, Nalagarh, Himachal Pradesh|
|Father||Ajay Thakur Father - Chottu Ram|
|Mother||Ajay Thakur Mother - Rajinder Kaur|
|Wife||Ajay Thakur Wife - Sandeep Kaur Rana|
|Brother||Ajay Thakur Brother - Amit Thakur|
|Sister||Ajay Thakur Sister - Disha Thakur|
|Coach (PKL)||Ajay Thakur PKL Coach - Edachery Bhaskaran (Tamil Thalaivas)|
|Coach (Indian Team)||Ajay Thakur Indian Team Coach - Balwan Singh|
Highlights From Ajay Thakur's Career
- Inspiration is the key to success, and everyone needs it. In Ajay Thakur Biography, motivation came from his own cousin Rakesh who has already represented India in Kabaddi at the international level, and in his father who was a professional wrestler played till state level.
- He was born and brought up in Himachal Pradesh, which was the origin of his fourteen years professional career in Kabaddi.
- Ajay Thakur career started in Pro Kabaddi League 2014, when he played from Bengaluru Bulls, scoring 122 raid points and 127 total points in the inaugural season of the league.
- He was at number four in the list of top raiders in season 1 of PKL and because of the great performance by Ajay Thakur, Bulls reached in the knockout stage of the league but they lost the semi-final from U-Mumba (27-23), and third-place match from Patna Pirates (29-22)
- They finished fourth in the Pro Kabaddi League 2014, and started PKL next season with a positive note, Ajay Thakur scoring 79 raid points in 13 matches he played, helped his team to reach in their second consecutive semi-final.
- This time, Bengaluru Bulls moved a step ahead, they enter into the final of PKL season 2 defeating Telugu Titans, with the score 39-38, but unfortunately, yet again they lost from Anup Kumar's U-Mumba in the final by 36-30, missed the first PKL trophy by a narrow margin.
- While for the next two sessions, Ajay Thakur was signed by Puneri Paltan, which didn't go too good for him. He earned 56 points (52 from raids) and 64 points (63 from raids) in session three and four respectively.
- In the third season, Puneri Paltan still qualified for the knockouts, but finished third, while in PKL season 4, they finished at fifth place.
- Then in session 5 of Pro Kabaddi League, he was bought and appointed as Captain of Tamil Thalaivas, where he finished with total points 222, with 213 raid points which are his most overwhelming performance among all the seasons includes twelve super 10s in 22 matches, but unfortunately his performance could save Thalaivas eliminating from the knockout stage, they finished at the bottom of the table in ZONE B.
- He was the third-highest point scorer of that season which made Indian Kabaddi Board appoint Ajay Thakur as a captain of Indian Kabaddi Team for Asian Kabaddi Championship, where he led his team to the victory and title.
- Also in Kabaddi World Cup 2016, Ajay Thakur was the man of the tournament with 68 points, with the overwhelming performance in the final itself vs Iran, where he alone scored 12 raid points and helped Indian Kabaddi Team to lift their third consecutive World Cup in 2016.
- In the season 6 as well, Ajay Thakur represented Tamil Thalaivas scoring 203 raid points but yet again his team finished at the bottom of the table in ZONE B.
- But in season 7, they had a good auction which brought some balance in their squad, so we can hope that Ajay Thakur will lead Tamil Thalaivas into the knockouts this time.
- Kabaddi Player, Ajay Thakur is at the third position in the list of all-time top raiders of Pro Kabaddi League. He is behind Pradeep Narwal and Rahul Chaudhary which earned lots and lots of fans for him.
- His Signature move, called Frog Jump, still have more milestone to add to his bright and successful career. So, to stay updated with more news about Ajay Thakur, enter your email in the form below and join our family.
- SCROLL DOWN to check Ajay Thakur Career Stats, raid points, tackle points, season by season, with more information.
Achievements and Awards
- Performance In Pro Kabaddi League
PKL Seasons Matches Played Super Raids Super 10s Total Raid Points Super Tackles High 5s Total Tackle Points Overall Total Points Most Points In A Match 1 (2014) 15 2 5 122 - - 5 127 16 2 (2015) 13 6 2 79 - - 1 80 12 3 (01/2016) 14 2 1 52 - - 4 56 11 4 (06/2016) 16 5 1 63 - - 1 64 12 5 (2017) 22 3 12 213 - - 9 222 20 6 (2018) 22 3 7 203 - - 1 204 20 ALL Total 102 21 28 732 - - 21 753 20
- 2007 Asian Indoor Games - Gold Medal
- Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games 2013 - Gold Medal (Kabaddi )
- Asian Games 2014 - Gold medal.
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016 - Winner
- The Man of the tournament in Kabaddi World Cup 2016
- Asian Kabaddi Championship 2017 - Winner (Captain - Ajay Thakur)
- Asian Kabaddi Championship Jakarta 2018 - Bronze Medal
- Dubai Kabaddi Masters 2018 - Winner
- Padma Shri (the fourth highest civilian award in the Republic of India) - 2019