|Full Name||Rashid Khan Arman|
|Known For||"He is keeping the record best bowling performance by an Afgan Crickter in T20s, and One Day International."|
|Born||20 September 1998||Age||19|
|Nickname||Afghanistan's Afridi||Hometown||Nangarhar, Afghanistan|
|Height||170 cm / 5' 7"||Weight||64 kg / 141 lb|
|Batting Style||Right-handed Bat||Bowling Style||Right-arm Leg Break|
Education and Family
|Family||He is one of the seven brothers and four sisters in his family|
Rashid Khan's Career
Rashid Khan was born in 1998 in Nangarhar, eastern Afghanistan, where he grew up idolising Pakistani cricketer Shahid Afridi, and stylised his bowling action
He made his One Day International debut for Afghanistan against Zimbabwe on 18 October 2015, and T20I debut, also against Zimbabwe, on 26 October.
Then, on 7 December 2016, he made his first-class debut for Afghanistan against England Lions in Abu Dhabi, taking 4 for 48 and 8 for 74 by scoring 25 not out and 52 with the bat. While, in February 2017, he was bought by Sunrisers Hyderabad for Indian Premier League (IPL) for 4 crores, and become the second Afghan players to be selected for the IPL, where he made his IPL debut by taking two wickets, and helped the Sunrisers Hyderabad to win the match by 35 runs.
After finishing this season as the sixth-highest wicket-taker with 17 wickets from 14 matches, Rashid Khan was bought by Guyana Amazon Warriors for $60,000 to play in the 2017 Caribbean Premier League (CPL), where he took the first ever hat-trick of the CPL.
While on 10 March 2017, Khan took his maiden T20I five-wicket haul at the second T20I against Ireland. with the figures of five wickets for three runs is the best bowling performance by an Afghan cricketer in a T20I and the joint fourth-best figures in Men's Cricket. Then on 9th June, he took his second ODI five-wicket haul, finishing with figures of 7 wickets for 18 runs against the West Indies at Gros Islet. It was the fourth best ODI bowling figures and first by an associate nation cricketer to take 7 wickets.
Achievements and Awards
- In T20I between Afghanistan and UAE on 18 December 2016, with the bowling figures 4–0–14–3, Rashid Khan Helped his team to win by 44 runs, and received man of the match award.
- While on 19 February 2017, in an ODI vs Zimbabwe at Harare Sports Club, Khan's 7.1–0–25–3 performance earned another man of the match award for him, when Afghanistan won by 54 runs.
- With another chartbuster performance in T20I vs Ireland, because of Rashid's 2–1–3–5 Afghanistan won by 17 runs (D/L), and he received the second man of the match award in T20I
- Ireland v Afghanistan series in India, Afghanistan whitewashed the opponent by 3-0, in which Rashid was honoured with his first man of the series award having the bowling performance, 10–1–55–9 with a five-wicket haul. (Avg: 6.11 Econ 5.50)
- By another man of the match performance, 8.4–1–18–7 of Rashid Khan on 09 June 2017, Afghanistan beat West Indies by 63 runs at Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium.
- Also the First ever Hat-trick of Caribbean Premier League (CPL) 2017, is registered on his name, "Rashid Khan"