|Full Name||Dipa Karmakar|
|Discipline||Women's Artistic Gymnastics|
|Level||Senior International Elite|
|Known For||"First Indian Female Gymnast to win a medal at International levels."|
|Born||9 August 1993||Age||24|
|Nickname||Guddu 🙂||Hometown||Agartala, Tripura|
|Height||151 cm / 4' 11''||Weight||47 kg / 104 lb|
Dipa Karmakar Family and Education
|High School||Abhoynagar Nazrul Smriti Vidyalaya, Agartala||College||Tripura Women's College|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (Humanities)|
|Father||Dulal Karmakar (Weight Lifting Coach at SAI)'||Mother||Gita Karmakar|
|Sister||Puja Saha||Coach||Bisweshwar Nandi|
Highlights From Dipa Karmakar's Career
- She is doing Gymnast when Dipa Karmakar age was just Six years old, when the kids of this age, used to fight for their video games.
- Dipa Karmakar coach Bisweshwar Nandi is guiding her since childhood, and still, she performs under his guidance.
- From the year 2007 to till now, Dipa Karmakar has won 77 medals out of which 67 are gold, in state and national championships with her proper dedication and excuseless efforts, which adds some sparkled moments in DIpa Karmakar Biography.
- In 2010 Commonwealth Games, New Delhi, Dipa Karmakar was the part of Indian Gymnast Team, where Ashish Kumar won India's first ever medal in gymnastics.
- In 2011 Nationals, she didn't give gold to any of her opponents is all the gymnastics events, whether it would be vault, floor, uneven bars or balance beam, Karmakar was unbeaten in the entire tournament.
- While in 2014 Commonwealth Games, Dipa Karmakar won a Bronze medal and became second Indian, and first female gymnast from India to win a medal.
- Also in Asian Championships 2015, Dipa Karmakar set another milestone for her junior gymnasts by winning one more Bronze medal of her career.
- Dipa Karmakar was honoured by Arjun Award after her great performance in recent international events.
- In all these medals and good performances of her career, Dipa Karmakar Produnova vault made an impact which is also called as one of the hardest vaults in the Gymnastic history. Produnova vault is only completed by a five women gymnast in the world, and Dipa Karmakar is one of them.
- Dipa Karmakar is also the first Indian gymnast who qualified for the final stage in World Artistic Gymnastics Championships, but finished 5th with the average score of 14.683
- By qualifying for the Rio Olympics, Dipa Karmakar created history and added a milestone in Indian Gymnast. But unfortunately, she came fourth and missed the Bronze medal by a narrow margin.
- But because of this performance, She was honoured with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (India's highest sporting honour) in 2016, while coach of Dipa Karmakar, Bisweshwar Nandi received Dhronacharya award (Best Sports mentor award in India.)
- Dipa Karmakar was honoured by India's fourth highest honour, Padma Shri after her great achievement, and records she established in her Gymnastic career, including her surprising performance in Rio Olympics.
- And She is Among Forbes’ list of super achievers under thirty of 2017, from Asia. which is another one in the list of Dipa Karmakar awards.
Achievements And Awards
- 77 Medals in Nationals and State Level Gymnastics. (67 gold.)
- 2014 Commonwealth Games - Bronze
- 2015 Asian Championships - Bronze
- Arjun Award
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award
- Padma Shri More To Come